Friday, April 10, 2009

I win. Grass loses.

I rolled out the ill-natured John Deere tractor this morning. I had hoped to rent a roller and roll the lumps out of the yard. I had already made up my mind that I would not put any more money into the old wench if she opted to give me any trouble this season. As I somewhat anticipated, she just wouldn't start. I got a sputter or two, and then nothing. So then I proceeded to curse and spit at her, and I pushed her onto the trailer and headed to Richard's Small Engine. I got $250 on the trade-in, plus a discount on the price, and came home with something beautiful.

Meet Big Orange. Whooo hooo!!


Before today I couldn't even spell Husqvarna, and I'll admit that all mowers do about the same thing. A Craftsman or Toro or Snapper would have been fine.

But you can't get any of them in ORANGE, so it really was a no-brainer.

No comments: