I tried pulling it with 200 pounds of firewood with one tire and one bare rim but that just got ugly. So I got busy cutting through the rusted bolts holding the frame and axle to the plastic tub, and after burning up the old Dremel, I now have a tub that easily drags behind the man-machine and delivers my wood to the awaiting truck at the Yellowwood gate.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Firewood chronicles cont. - the redneck fix
From all my cutting and chopping I had ended up with multiple piles of firewood at least a quarter mile back in the woods at Yellowwood. I had an old Craftsman yard cart that I somehow wrangled away from mom and dad years ago, but when I attempted to pull it behind the ATV it would sway and tip and dump my wood all over the trail. Then one of the cart's tires went flat.
I tried pulling it with 200 pounds of firewood with one tire and one bare rim but that just got ugly. So I got busy cutting through the rusted bolts holding the frame and axle to the plastic tub, and after burning up the old Dremel, I now have a tub that easily drags behind the man-machine and delivers my wood to the awaiting truck at the Yellowwood gate.
I tried pulling it with 200 pounds of firewood with one tire and one bare rim but that just got ugly. So I got busy cutting through the rusted bolts holding the frame and axle to the plastic tub, and after burning up the old Dremel, I now have a tub that easily drags behind the man-machine and delivers my wood to the awaiting truck at the Yellowwood gate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment